There will no emergency coverage 02/04/2022 – 02/14/2022
The usual emergency number is:
970 729 1477
but we recommend you call the clinic, 970 728 4461, to verify.
If you do not get a return call within a time frame acceptable to you there are other resources available:
- Mobile Unit One – 970 708 1512
- Grand Valley Veterinary Emergency – Grand Junction – 970 255 1911
- Black Canyon Veterinary Clinic – Montrose – 970 787 2282
- San Juan Veterinary Clinic – Montrose 970 249 4490
- San Miguel Veterinary Clinic – Norwood – 970 327 4279
- Animal Hospital of Telluride – 970 728 1082
TIP: If, in an emergency or if you are in some isolated location and you are not able to obtain puppy milk replacement you can mix a formula. 1/2 cup evaporated whole milk, 1/2 cup boiled water, one tsp full corn oil, one drop pediatric multivitamin, two raw egg yolks, and a tbs of plain whole yogurt. For some reason, formulas based on evaporated milk cause less diarrhea and indigestion than those based on fresh cow’s milk. Adding a quarter of a lactase tablet to each batch formula helps the puppy digest the large amount of lactose present in cow’s milk. If it will be less than 24 hours before you can obtain a commercial puppy formula, you will be better off just giving healthy puppies Pedialyte until then.
TIP: If your dog ingested chocolate go to www.petmed.com/dog/chocolate-toxicity to see if it is something that needs to be addressed.